- This event has passed.
7th Annual Hair Of The Dog and 22nd Annual Leo Brady Exercise Like the Eskimos
- MORE INFO
The Quiet Resorts Charitable Foundation and the Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce proudly present the 7th Annual Hair of the Dog 5K/10K and the 22nd Annual Leo Brady Exercise Like the Eskimos Plunge!
Online registration closes Thursday, December 28th at noon. Onsite registration at packet pick up from 12-4 pm at Mango’s on Sunday, December 31st. Sweatshirts available for purchase. Limited quantity of Wristbands for family/friends available for purchase at packet pickup.
- HAIR OF THE DOG RACE HIGHLIGHTS
- Overall & Age Group Awards
- Music at start and finish
- Family Fun, Festive Course
- Music by local favorite!
- Long Sleeve Event Shirt to all pre-registered Runners (guaranteed to all 5k/10k participants who pre-register by 12/10/17)
- Post-race Party at Mango’s after the run with FREE Shock Top or Michelob Ultra provided by NKS Distributors, fruit, muffins, yogurt!
- A perfect way to start the New Year
- Hundreds of Runners Expected
- Finish Oceanfront on the Bethany Beach Boardwalk
- Cool off with the Leo Brady Eskimo Plunge at Noon!
- Finishing medals (First 200 10K participants)
- Run the 5K with your dog!
- ELE PLUNGE HIGHLIGHTS
- A New’s Years Day Tradition
- Fun Team Awards
- Post Plunge Party at the Cottage Cafe
- Long-sleeved Event shirt guaranteed to all pre-registrants
- RACE AND PLUNGE LOCATION
Race Start: Parkwood Street & Atlantic Ave, Downtown Bethany Beach, Delaware
Race Finish: Bethany Beach Boardwalk at the Bandstand
Plunge: Beach (Oceanfront Garfield Parkway)
- RACE AND PLUNGE FEES:
For additional info, contact email@example.com.
CATEGORY FEE FEE VALID UNTIL Plunge $20 December 28, 2017 10k Run $45 December 28, 2017 5k Run or Walk $35 December 28, 2017 Combo 10k & 5k $50 December 28, 2017 Combo 10k & Plunge $55 December 28, 2017 Combo 5k & Plunge $45 December 28, 2017 Combo 10k, 5k & Plunge $70 December 28, 2017 Extra Wristbands (non runners)* $10 December 28, 2017 HOD Hoodie (Childs L – Adult XXL) $30 December 28, 2017 Additional Event Shirt (Childs L- Adult XXXL) $10 December 28, 2017
* Due to space limitation in Mango’s at the after party only 100 additional wristbands will be sold for guests of participants. Includes beer, food, & warmth. Children under 5 do not need a wristband.
- RACE AND PLUNGE SCHEDULE:
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2017
- 12-4pm: Packet Pick-up at Mango’s Bethany Beach for all runners and plungers. All runners will receive a wristband with their packet for entry to the post race party at Mangos
MONDAY, JANUARY 1, 2018
- 7:30-8:30am: Race Day Packet Pick-up located at the Coastal Tented Events’ heated tent on the Bethany Beach Bandstand. All runners will receive a wristband for entry to the post race party at Mangos. Plunge packet pickup will go until 11:30 am.
- Music Provided by Local Favorite
- 8:35am: National Anthem, announcements – at Start line
- 8:45am: Hair of the Dog 10K Start – Parkwood Street & Atlantic Ave
- 9:40am: 10k Awards Presentation – Awards must be picked up on race day. We do not ship awards.
- 10:00am: Hair of the Dog 5K Start – Parkwood Street & Atlantic Ave
- 9:30am – 11am: Post Race party at Mango’s, Garfield Pkwy & Bethany Boardwalk
- Complimentary Beer at the after party – Shock Top and Michelob Ultra provided by NKS Distributors
- Due to space limitations in Mango’s at the after party, only 100 additional wristbands will be sold for guest of participants. If you need a wristband for a guest, please sign up soon before they’re gone. Only $10 each. Includes beer, food and warmth. They’re only available during the registration process. You must have a wristband on to get in to Mango’s.
- 11:00am: 5k Awards Presentation – Awards must be picked up at the presentation. We do not ship awards.
- 11:45am: Plungers to gather on beach for Leo Brady Exercise like the Eskimos – Bethany Boardwalk & Bandstand
- 12 noon: Leo Brady Exercise like the Eskimos – Bethany Boardwalk & Bandstand
- 12:30-4:00pm: ELE Post Plunge Party at the Cottage Cafe and Award Presentations
- RACE AND PLUNGE POLICY & INFORMATION:
- Rain or shine event.
- Walkers permitted in 5k only.
- Dogs and Owners permitted in 5k only.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. No recoil type leashes permitted in the 5k Race.
- Dogs and Owners, Walkers and Strollers must start at the back of the 5k field.
- Please have “doggy doo doo” bags with you on the run. All messes must be cleaned up.
- No dogs allowed in Mango’s for packet pickup or post race party.
- Event Long Sleeve Shirts are guaranteed only to those who pre-register prior to December 10th.
- Rain or shine event (with exception of lightening)
- All Plungers must wear their wrist band to indicate affiliation with the event.
- Waivers must be signed for all participants.
- There will be lifeguards, and it is a “swim” plunge at your own risk event.
- Bathing suits only!
- RACE AND PLUNGE AWARDS:
5K & 10K AWARDS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- 1st place overall male
- 1st place overall female
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd place overall dog & owner (5k only)
- 1st Master male & female
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd place age group male
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd place age group female
- A Whale of a Team- Largest registered teamBathing Beauties- Best Team Attire/Theme
-Judging on beach from 11:30-11-50am
Leo Brady Award- Most donations
raised for the William O’Murray Scholarship
Teams must have a minimum of 6 registrants to qualify.
Tax Deductible Donations support the Captain William O’Murray Scholarship:
Captain William O. Murray Scholarship is awarded by the QRCF to a student who exhibits a strong commitment to civic and community service. Each scholarship recipient will be awarded $2,000 per year for four years. The scholarship is based on a combination of financial need, academics, school involvement, and community service.
- Captain William O. Murray Scholarship – 30% community involvement, 30% financial need, 20% academic achievement, and 20% personal statement.
- Team Donations- Printable Form- Donation Form
- All donations are due at Packet Pick-up (12/31 & 1/1) to be eligible for the award.
- The Team with the largest donation will receive the Leo Brady Award at the Post Plunge Party at the Cottage Cafe.
- RACE AGE GROUPS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
5k Run: 9 & Under • 10 – 14 • 15 – 19 • 20 – 29 • 30 – 39 • 40 – 49 • 50 – 59 • 60 – 69 • 70+
10k Run: 14 & Under • 15 – 19 • 20 – 29 • 30 – 39 • 40 – 49 • 50 – 59 • 60 – 69 • 70+
- RACE MAPS: