Loading Events
Fit and Fun field day event flyer

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

“Fit & Fun” Field Day

May 11

The 2nd Annual “Fit & Fun” Field Day for Special Olympics of Delaware will take place this year on Saturday, May 11, 2024, at the Lord Baltimore Elementary School playground in Ocean View, DE, from 11AM-3PM.  The event strives to connect the local community and Special Olympics athletes together for a fun-filled day of games and activities focused on health and fitness.  This year 90% of profits raised during the event will be donated to the Special Olympics of Delaware, and the remaining 10% of profits will be donated to the Quiet Resorts Charitable Foundation to provide scholarships to local students.

The day will include traditional field day games such as egg & spoon race and tug-of-war.  In addition, an inflatable obstacle course, basketball, soccer goal, and dunk tank will add to the excitement!  Fancy Face Painting will be on hand to create unique face painting designs, and Squash Blossom food truck will provide delicious Mexican lunch options.  After some active play, participants can partake in a refreshing treat from Kona Ice, while DJ Scott Mayhugh emcees the event and gets everyone moving and grooving with all the best musical hits.  His son, Nick Mayhugh, a three-time gold medal Paralympic athlete has recorded an inspirational message to attendees as he prepares for the Paris Paralympic Games.  His sponsor, Team USA, has donated items for raffle prizes in addition to gift card prizes from local businesses including Cedar Land & Sea, Armand’s Pizzeria, The Boathouse Restaurant, Baja Beach House Grill, and SoDel Restaurant Group.

Special Olympics representatives will be on-hand to provide information about upcoming events and volunteer opportunities along with the Ocean View Police Department who will show their support.

Thank you to all the generous sponsors for your contribution!

For more information and donation opportunities, please call Elizabeth Kilroy at 443-250-9688 or Lori Smyth at 302-542-4033.


May 11