Dear QRCF Scholarship Applicant:
The Quiet Resorts Charitable Foundation (QRCF) believes that helping local students realize their college dreams benefits our entire community. To this end, the QRCF has supported more than 17 college bound students in the past 7 years alone totaling more that $136,000 in financial aid. In 2017, QRCF is awarding a minimum of two $8,000 scholarships to local graduating high school seniors who reside in the areas listed below. In addition to one regular academic QRCF scholarship, the Foundation will also award the Captain William O. Murray Scholarship to a student who exhibits a strong commitment to civic and community service. Each scholarship recipient will be awarded $2,000 per year for four years. Both scholarships are based on a combination of financial need, academics, school involvement, and community service. The two scholarships, while similar, use weighted criteria as follows:
- QRCF Academic Scholarship – 40% financial need, 40% academic achievement, 15% personal statement, and 5% community involvement
- Captain William O. Murray Scholarship – 30% community involvement, 30% financial need, 20% academic achievement, and 20% personal statement
Please complete the online application form below or you may pick up a copy from your school counselor. Applications must be received and/or postmarked no later than Friday April 14, 2017.
Applications not containing all required information will be disqualified. If you are giving the application to your guidance counselor for submission, please be sure to allow enough time for your counselor to submit the application to the QRCF to meet the deadline. The Scholarship Committee, at its sole discretion, may seek out additional clarifying information from an applicant but under no circumstances will incomplete applications be considered.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Scholarship Information Needed”. There will be no extensions of the deadline and do not rely on the timeliness of communications from QRCF to extend any deadlines or to waive any requirements of this process.
Thank you for your interest and we wish you a successful and happy future!
Please read carefully
1. Eligible candidates must be high school seniors who reside in the towns of Fenwick Island, Bethany Beach, Ocean View, Millville, Clarksville, Selbyville, Frankford, Dagsboro, and their surrounding rural areas. This area encompasses the following zip codes: 19944, 19930, 19970, 19967, 19975, 19945, 19939, and 19966.
2. Each tuition scholarship awarded is effective for a four-year period. Selected candidates will receive two $1,000 checks per year from the Foundation (for fall and spring semesters). The checks will be made payable to the college or university and mailed directly to the institution. The scholarship shall become null and void if the student withdraws from college or misses two consecutive semesters without requesting an exemption from QRCF for special circumstances. No further funding will be provided without exemption approval from QRCF. Scholarships are awarded to cover the costs of tuition expenses only.
3. Awarded scholarships will renew each year as long as the student maintains a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or better and continues to be enrolled in an acceptable college or university. To remain eligible for this renewal, the student must provide a copy of his or her transcript, including GPA, at the end of each semester to the QRCF. Additionally, the student must provide his or her schedule for the upcoming semester showing the student’s name, identification number, and the name and address of the school where the funds are to be mailed. Send this information, along with your current contact information, at least 30 days prior to the start of semester to the address and email below. Current contact information is to include a current phone number, mailing address, and an email address for the student:
Quiet Resorts Charitable Foundation
Attention: Scholarship Chair
P. O. Box 354
Bethany Beach, DE 19930
and to: email@example.com
4. It is the obligation and responsibility of the student to provide current full contact information at all times to the QRCF each semester in order to continue the scholarship. Parent(s) contact information is not sufficient.
5. It is strongly encouraged and desired that any winners of a scholarship from the QRCF continue to participate with the QRCF in our annual events such as the Hair of the Dog Run and Bunny Palooza. Without our fundraising events each year, the QRCF may be unable to provide further aid to the community. This fundraising is almost solely done by volunteers and we can always use your help. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see what opportunities exist for you to assist.