- This event has passed.
2024 Bunny Palooza
August 11 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
5K Race, 1 Mile Walk and Kiddie Dash
Athlete Guide – To be available here and emailed out to all registered participants within five days of the event
- MORE INFO
The Quiet Resorts Charitable Foundation (QRCF) proudly present the 2024 Bunny Palooza 5K run or 1 Mile walk event. There will also be a Kiddie Dash just prior to the 5K start. Registration is not required for the Kiddie Dash. Event shirts for the Kiddie Dash participants should be purchased at the registration site. Please Join us in celebrating the 2024 Bunny Palooza walk/run in Bethany Beach, DE
- HOW IT WORKS
How It Works
- Register – Choose your live event: 5K Run or 1 Mile Walk. Must register by March 18, 2024 to ensure that you get your size event shirt. Online registration closes on March 28, 2024 at 5PM. Onsite registration is available during packet pick up on March 29th from 1-4PM at Mango’s. There will be very limited registration prior to the event on the 8th. Event shirts will be on a first come basis and there is no guarantee of desired sizes during onsite registration.
- Share – Share photos on Facebook and Instagram!
- Live race/walk – Register online before March 28, 2024 and show up on Saturday, March 30th at the Bethany Beach boardwalk for the run or walk. Packet pick up will be the day before the event (MaRCH 29th) at Mangos from 1-4PM. You must register by March 18th to guarantee your event shirt size.
LIVE 5K run or One Mile Walk
- Run/Walk along the streets of beautiful Bethany Beach, DE and finishing on the boardwalk overlooking the Atlantic Ocean
- The 5K is a chip timed event (chips are located on your bibs) by Races2run Timing Systems
- The 1 Mile walk is not timed and bibs without a timing chip will be provided.
- Dogs are allowed on the 1 Mile Walk Only, dogs and strollers should start at the rear of the participants.
- Rain or shine event
- Walkers permitted in the 1 Mile or 5K (No walker awards)
- Dog with Owners are permitted in the 1 Mile walk only. Please start in the back of the walkers
- Please have “doggy doo doo” bags with you and all messes must be cleaned up by the Owner
- Strollers must start at the back of the 1 mile walk
- There are no refunds for any reason. Race registration fees (and the processing charge from RaceRoster) are not refundable. These funds are used to pay for race premiums, permits, supplies, and other costs incurred before, during, and after the event is held. To be consistent and fair to everyone we cannot make exceptions to this policy.
LIVE 5K or 1 Mile Walk – Bethany Beach, Delaware
Online registration closes Thursday, March 28, 2024 at 5PM. Event shirts are not guaranteed for registrations after March 18, 2024. Onsite registration is available during packet pick up on March 29th from 1-4PM at Mango’s. There will be very limited registration prior to the event on the 30th. Event shirts will be on a first come basis and there is no guarantee of desired sizes during onsite registration.
NOTE: There are NO refunds for any reason as this is a charity event
Short-sleeve tech tee – Register by March 18, 2024 to ensure that you get an event shirt in your requested size. Event shirts are NOT provided for the Kiddie Dash.
Custom “Bunny Palooza” BIBs
Post Event at Mangos, Bethany Beach – This is included for all participants. Non participants can purchase a wrist band for $15. This event may be cancelled due to any health, weather, or other conditions that deem appropriate. This event closes at 11:30 sharp so that Mangos can prepare to open for business.
Please express your thanks to all of our sponsors who are providing award bunnies, food and beverages for post event celebration, discounts locally and cash donations.
Share Your ResultsTracking with Runkeeper app
- To track with Runkeeper and automatically submit your results, Learn How
- RACE FEES:
Note: All fees are non-refundable or transferable for any reason.
- 5K Registration – $30 until January 15, 2024, $35 from January 16 – March 28th, then $40 during packet pick up
- 1 Mile Walk Registration – $25 until January 15, 2024, $30 from January 16th – March 28th, then $35 during packet pick up
- Kiddie Dash – FREE (NO shirt or bibs)
- Additional Event Shirts – $15
- Post Party wristband for non-participants – $15
There are no refunds for any reason as this is a non profit, charity event.
- AWARDS & RESULTS:
5K AWARDS (Live event only)
- 1st Place overall Male and Female
- 1st Place Masters Male and Female (50-59)
- 1st Place Grand Masters Male and Female (60-69)
- 1st Place Senior Grand Masters Male and Female (70+)
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place 10 year age group Male
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place 10 year age group Female
5K AGE GROUPS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
9 & under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
You must be present to receive your award. We do not ship awards or event shirts.
- BUNNY PALOOZA EVENT SCHEDULE:
Register – Online Only for pre registration
Packet Pick up:
Friday, March 29, 2024 at Mangos from 1-4PM
Time: 1pm – 4pm
*Packet pick-up at Mangos Restaurant, 97 Garfield Pkwy, Bethany Beach, DE 19930. There’s no guarantee of event shirt availability for those who late register onsite.
Saturday, March 30, 2024 – Bethany Beach Bandstand Plaza
Time: 8:00am – 8:30 am
*Race day packet pick-up – Limited onsite registration and there’s no guarantee that event shirts will be available during this time.
*Mandatory Pre-Race meeting at the starting line
9:00 am- 5k start (Kiddie Dash just prior to the 5K start)
9:10 am- 1m start
There are no refunds for any reason
COVID GUIDANCE – At this time, following state and local guidelines, the below precautions are suggested and NOT mandatory. This may changed depending upon any state/local guidelines:
*Face coverings are suggested for anyone who is not fully vaccinated at all times except when you are running.
Downtown Bethany Beach, DE 19930
Race Start: Garfield at Atlantic Ave
Race Finish: Bethany Beach Boardwalk at the Bandstand
Benefits the Quiet Resorts Charitable Foundation
Fast and flat. 5k is one loop ending on Bethany Beach Boardwalk and the one mile
non competitive walk starts at Garfield and Atlantic Ave and does one loop with finish on the boardwalk.
NOTICE: No dogs allowed due to insurance liability. Bibs are non-transferable.
Please reference our policies page for more details.
Short-sleeve tech tee – Register by March 18, 2024 to ensure that you get an event shirt in your requested size. Event shirt are NOT guaranteed for anyone registering onsite on March 29th or 30th.
Custom “Bunny Palooza” BIBs
SWAG – TBA
Post Event at Mangos, Bethany Beach – This is included for all participants. Non participants can purchase a wrist band for $15. This event may be cancelled due to any health, weather, or other conditions that deem appropriate.
– Fun, festive course
– Music pre and post race!
– Post-race party with Michelob Ultra provided by NKS Distributors!
– A perfect way to start the spring season
– Finish oceanfront on the Bethany Beach Boardwalk
1st place overall male
1st place overall female
1st Master male & female (Masters are 50-59)
1st Grand Master male & female (Grand Masters are 60-69)
1st, 2nd, 3rd place age group male
1st, 2nd, 3rd place age group female
5k Run: 9 & under • 10 – 14 • 15 – 19 • 20 – 29 • 30 – 39 • 40 – 49 • 50 – 59 • 60 – 69 • 70+
R2R Timing will chip time using the MYLAPS BibTag Timing System
They will be posted online during the race and final results will be posted once the race is complete
Photos will be posted on Races2Run Facebook page following the event.
Event sanctioned by USA Track & Field
- 5K Course Map
1K Course Map
- Participant's Guide
To become a volunteer, visit our Registration Page.